Maru was tending to an elderly relative at the Bai Yamunabai Laxman Nair Charitable Hospital, when a ward boy asked him to take the metallic oxygen cylinder inside the MRI room.
"The ward boy told us we could carry the oxygen cylinder, which was provided for my mother to help her breathe, inside the room because she would need it. The doctor, as well as the technician, didn't say anything", Maru's relative Harish Solanki was quoted as saying by NDTV. "The moment Maru stepped in, the powerful magnetic field "sucked him and the oxygen cylinder from a distance of two feet".
A resident of Lalbaug, Maru worked as a salesman and was the only earning member of the family, according to Solanki.
These devices implanted must have no metal and must be MRI Safe or MRI conditional.
It uses a combination of strong magnetic fields and radio waves to produce the detailed look at things like your brain, spinal cord, bones, joints, heart, blood vessels and internal organs.
The victim, as directed by the doctor, took the patient to the MRI ward for the scan.
Efforts to revive Maru in Nair Hospital's trauma ward failed as he passed away due to excess inhalation of oxygen.
NBA Predictions: Will Thunder win as road favorite at Pistons? 1/27/18
Roberson slipped while trying to jump and catch an alley oop from Russell Westbrook in the third quarter. Thunder: It was the 15th triple-double of the season for Westbrook and the 94th of his career.
Mueller team interviewed Facebook staff in Russia probe
Still, it's worth emphasizing that this is not something Trump decided against; instead, it's a reality he's been forced into. Raddatz pressed Starr on whether the president's firing the special counsel would show " corrupt intent ".
5 dead after Pennsylvania auto wash shooting
Authorities had earlier said five were killed in the rampage, but they later said Smith was hospitalized on life support. The victims were identified as three men and two women, but their names and further information have not been revealed.
The Agripada police has filed a case under section 304-A (causing death by negligence) of the IPC and arrested three hospital staff members, including the ward boy.
A case has been registered and information from eyewitnesses and CCTV footage are being investigated, a senior police officer said.
The dean of the hospital, Dr Ramesh Bharmal, deemed this as a "tragic" accident and has cordoned the MRI machine room.
Compensation for the victim's family of 500,000 rupees (around $7,870) has been promised by the state government of Maharashtra.
Police said the incident is still under investigation and they are recording statements of the staff who were present in the MRI department.
But when Maru and the patient entered the MRI room, the machine was already switched on, Solanki claimed.
"It's due to their carelessness that he died", Solanki blamed the staff, demanding action from the erring doctor and the ward boy responsible. Because of this, objects containing metal are pulled towards them and can not be carried into a room.